Shrimp Hatchery Manager - Canada
Wednesday, October 14, 2020
Planet Shrimp Inc. is looking for a shrimp hatchery manager to join its facility in Aylmer, Ontario.
- Participate in the hatchery design, construction and development of procedures in conjunction with Planet Shrimp personnel and consultants.
- Manage hatchery production schedules and operations as described under qualifications, using rotational, modular management for consistent weekly PL production.
- Maintain high levels of biosecurity, including rotational disinfection of production modules.
- Manage, train and supervise technical and labor personnel.
- Manage inventories and orders for lab and production supplies.
- Manage computerized production data and reports.
- Assist in troubleshooting and improvement of production systems and procedures.
- Bachelor of science or equivalent in aquaculture or related field.
- Fluency in English, oral and written. Computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and people management skills.
- Critical thinking skills, self-motivated and ability to work odd and extended hours, as required.
- Demonstrated experience with management of shrimp hatcheries, including broodstock maturation and spawning, nauplii production, larval rearing, PL production and acclimation for low-salinity grow-out, and microalgae and Artemia production.
- Working knowledge of shrimp biology, aquatic biology and aquatic chemistry, water treatment processes, and water quality monitoring, analysis, and management.
- Preferred: Specific experience with Pacific white shrimp (Litopenaeus vannamei), inland hatchery technology using artificial seawater, water recirculation technology for broodstock maturation and zero-exchange biofloc technology for larval rearing systems.
Email cover letter, resume including education, experience and contact information, and names, affiliations, email addresses and phone numbers for three professional references to Sean Pressey, VP Operations, Planet Shrimp Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply by December 31, 2020.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.