Global Sourcing Manager - Norway
Wednesday, January 29, 2020
BioMar is looking for a global sourcing manager for marine raw materials to join the BioMar Global Sourcing team. The team manages the global spending on raw materials within the BioMar Group, not only ensuring that global factories have the right products at the right time and at the right price, but also co-developing with R&D, suppliers and external stakeholders to create the raw materials of tomorrow.
- Experienced aquaculture professional with a commercial mindset.
- 7-10 years’ experience in the aqua/marine industry and 3-5 years’ experience in a similar/comparable role.
- Experience with large supplier relationships, raw material contracts, big data, logistics, supplier and raw material development, supplier audits, raw material specifications and legal documents.
- Good analysis and presentation skills, able to communicate across organizational levels while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Secure, develop and cover demand for marine protein, oils and various specialties derived from marine sources to local factories.
- Safeguard critical supplier relationships while ensuring BioMar’s integrity through responsible sourcing practices.
- Ensure a continual pipeline of improvement opportunities, new raw materials and optimized logistic solutions together with key internal/external stakeholders.
- Lead change initiatives and their implementation.
- Analyze variating risks and ensure that proactive mitigation measures are implemented across the category.
- Ensure strategic industry insights are applied to business measures to develop/maintain market leadership positions within the category.
- Be an integrated part of the Global Sourcing Team in a flat organization with an informal tone. Good development potential and large responsibility. The position demands global travel.
Job location is Trondheim, Norway preferable, but other locations could be discussed. More information and application here. Apply by February 20.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.