Clinic Scientist Fish Health - Canada
Friday, August 2, 2019
The Center for Aquaculture Technologies Canada is seeking an experienced and motivated scientist for a position within the Fish Health team based in Souris, PEI, Canada. The candidate will play a key role in the expansion of the research team and will have a background in clinical development of aquaculture technologies e.g. pharmaceutical products, in a GxP environment.
Essential skills and experience:
- A BSc, Masters, or Ph.D. degree (with varying post-education experience) in animal health, or related field.
- Worked in the development of pharmaceutical products or other health products commonly used in aquaculture toward regulatory approval and commercialization.
- Previous experience within or working closely with regulators or pharmaceutical companies.
- Working in a regulatory and GxP environment (primarily GLP and GCP).
- Demonstrated proficiency with study design to test a hypothesis using appropriate and defendable scientific methodology.
- Participated in the development of project rationale including the use of literature and research databases to build a project proposal.
- Undertaken training and demonstrate an understanding of the policies and regulations associated with the use of animals in research.
- Worked both independently and as part of a team to achieve a research objective. The successful candidate may be responsible for supervision of research associates and aquaculture technicians.
- Shown a strong work ethic with the ability to set objectives and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Exhibited an ability to trouble shoot and propose creative solutions to technical problems encountered during the conduct of scientific research.
- Demonstrated an aptitude for communication of scientific results though the publication of articles in peer‐reviewed journals and presentation of abstracts at scientific meetings.
- Proven themselves to be good team players with the ability to both supervise and respond well to supervision.
The candidate must be independent and detail oriented with the ability to multi‐task in a fast‐paced environment. Excellent communication skills along with problem‐solving expertise are essential. CATC offers a competitive salary and benefits including group health care and retirement savings plans.
Please send CV/Resume and provide the contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with Clinical Scientist‐Fish Health in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.