Director of feed development - Norway
Wednesday, February 13, 2019
Polarfeed is a Norwegian fish feed producer which is part of a larger group of companies in the Nordly Group. The company aims to become the world leading producer of high-quality feed for salmon and trout. Polarfeed seek a driven and scientifically competent Director of Feed Development, who will lead their efforts to develop better, healthier and more sustainable feeds.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Research regarding nutrition and raw materials for sea and fresh water species.
- Developing feed products and concepts in close collaboration with key personnel in the Nordly Group.
- Leading our R&D projects in nutrition and offering scientific contributions to our colleagues across borders and departments.
- PhD in physiology, nutrition or bio-technology, preferably relating to salmon and trout.
- Experience from scientific research and good knowledge of relevant analytical and statistical methods.
- Documented experience in project management and the ability to work systematically from start to finish.
- Knowledge of/network in industrial production and/or research, especially relating to fish feed production.
- Good language abilities in Norwegian and English.
- A central role in a scientifically strong and innovative work environment.
- The opportunity to work on developing the fish feed of the future, with potentially great impact on the aquaculture industry world-wide.
- Competitive salary and pension scheme. Moving allowance.
- An office which will by situated by the sea in the City of Leknes, Lofoten Islands, Norway.
For further information please contact:
- Jim Olaisen, Director of Fish Feed Ph: +47 93 02 89 97
- Jim-Roger Nordly, CEO Ph: +47 90 63 27 22
Apply by February 25 here.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.