Regional Aquaculture Business Development Manager - South East Asia
Thursday, July 26, 2018
Corbion is seeking a Regional Aquaculture Business Development Manager with commercial experience in Aquaculture to join its Algae Ingredients Team. This position will be based in South East Asia (preferably Thailand or Singapore but other locations will be considered).
The successful candidate will have the ability, desire, and motivation to integrate his/her skill set into a dynamic organization that is bringing an alternative sustainable source of Marine Omega 3’s to the Aquaculture industry. The candidate will generate sales with key accounts, leverage existing relationships, as well as develop new commercial relationships, develop new value propositions, and work through the full value chain across the space.
- Drive introduction and sales of AlgaPrime DHA as an alternative, sustainable source of Omega 3 feed Ingredient in South East Asian Aquaculture
- Structure and negotiate commercial offers to establish long term customer partnerships and growth
- Identify and develop new opportunities/applications for AlgaPrime DHA in Aquaculture feeds
- Development of concepts and value propositions for the application of AlgaPrime DHA as an ingredient and additive in multiple selected Aquaculture species with support of partners or external labs/research facilities where appropriate
- Development of presentation materials, agreements, proposals, as well as external and internal information gathering and synthesis
- Work collaboratively with Corbion Algae Ingredients team providing input as required to long term strategy, marketing plans and product development
- Identify and manage external consultants and distributors hired as necessary to support Business Development.
- University degree in Aquaculture, Animal Nutrition or relevant subject. MSc or other relevant advanced degree is a plus.
7+ years of relevant Aquaculture experience, preferably including a combination of technical and commercial roles in a top–tier aquaculture feed technology/product related firm.
- Strong regional network across the aquaculture markets, including feed producers, and farmers.
- Experience in launching and selling specialty ingredients or functional ingredients in the aquaculture space
- Experience in value chain assessment and value chain selling is preferred.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and approach
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to communicate and negotiate effectively with all levels both externally and internally, in English and another relevant Language
- Collaborative team player comfortable leading as well as executing, and taking input from multiple sources
- 50% + travel required.
Visit the Corbion website to apply
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.