Microalgae biologist - Hjoerring, Denmark
Friday, May 11, 2018
Aliga Microalgae are growing and needs to extend our biology team. If you are a skillful, dedicated and proficient microalgae biologist and would like to work for a dynamic and entrepreneurial company that is focusing on producing microalgae for the aquaculture industry? Then you might be the right candidate for our team!
Aliga Microalgae produces high quality and bio-secure microalgae products for finfish, crustacean and bivalve hatcheries at its high-tech production facility in Hjoerring, northern Denmark. Our biology team is looking to extend with a candidate who has the capacity to work throughout the microalgae cultivation processes; from strain selection, managing cultures and developing nutrient composition in the laboratory to inoculation, growth optimization, quality controls and daily monitoring of the microalgae strains in our production.
To be the right candidate you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• Master or PhD in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or agronomy with specialization in microbiology, or other, with relevance to microalgae cultivation and photosynthesis
• Experience in cultivation of microalgae culture
• An advantage if you have been working with microalgae cultivation at fin-fish, crustacean or bivalve hatcheries where your algae successfully has been used in its production processes.
• An understanding of the key components in successful cultivation environment
• Lab experience, ranging from basic cell counting techniques through to preparation of samples for dry weight analysis and other standard analytical techniques
• Experience with use of centrifuges, freeze dryers and associated equipment is an advantage.
• Fluency in English, both spoken and written.
• Driving license required
• Relocation to northern Denmark is a requirement.
If you have any further questions or want to apply for the position, please contact Aliga’s CEO Michael Krag Nielsen or + Ph: 45 22 82 04 64
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.