Nutrition Assistant - USA
Thursday, February 1, 2018
Zeigler Bros. Inc. is seeking a Nutrition Assistant to perform day to day activities associated with the operation of the Nutrition Dept. This includes maintaining the formulation database with the most current and accurate information to assure all assigned nutritional requirements are met. This position provides formulation/nutrition support to all departments across the company.
The responsibilities of the Nutrition Assistant are as follows but not limited to:
- Maintain accurate, up to date formulation database of ingredients and products for ZBI domestic and licensee operations.
- Set up new formulations and make changes to existing formulations under supervision of the Director of Nutrition & Quality.
- Run best cost optimizations of formulas for quarterly pricing and as needed under supervision of Director of Nutrition & Quality.
- Assist with the formulation of feeds for all animal species provided by ZBI.
- Works closely with Production and QA to adjust formulas for optimal production efficiency and quality.
- Assure formulations are stored with current ingredients, processing parameters, and quality requirements as required for weekly production schedules.
- Assists with formulation aspects of R&D projects as needed.
Make ingredient substitutions as needed with approval of the Director of Nutrition &Quality.
- Manages nutritional aspects of PRFs (Product Request Forms) as assigned by Director of Nutrition & Quality, interacting with customers when necessary.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Director of Nutrition & Quality including compiling and organizing nutritional information and files and generating reports as needed.
- Verifies nutritional information required for product labels and documents for export/registration.
- Assists with investigation and problem solving of complaints involving nutritional/formulation aspects.
- Provides effective coordination of formulation/nutrition activities with all other departments on an ongoing basis
- Work experience in feed manufacturing/formulation, animal nutrition/husbandry, or aquaculture desired but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate technical details clearly with people from a wide range of educational backgrounds.
- Proficiency with computer software applications, especially Excel.
- Domestic and international travel required, as needed
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in the biological sciences or a related field.
Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply, send your CV and letter of interest to: HR@zeiglerfeed.com
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.