Product Development Technician - USA
Thursday, February 1, 2018
Zeigler Bros. Inc. is seeking a Product Development Technician to carry out product development and product improvement projects. This position will contribute to the manufacturing and testing of new or improved products under direct supervision by The Research Project Manager. In addition, the holder of this position will be primarily responsible for the day to day operations and maintenance of a series of experimental and pilot scale feed manufacturing equipment, and some feed testing protocols. The Technician will be expected to maintain detailed records and to assist with the preparation of reports on research activities.
The responsibilities of the Product Development Technician are as follows but not limited to:
- Operate the R&D feed manufacturing and laboratory areas (including equipment setup as well as cleanup/sanitation duties).
- Maintain security of the designated R&D area’s physical components and intellectual information.
- Maintain comprehensive and up-to-date laboratory notebooks and records in accordance with company product development processes.
- Complete timely reporting on experimental work for the Research Project Manager.
- Manage the inventory and storage of experimental diets and feeds.
- Assist with running experimental and pilot scale testing of new and/or improved product concepts.
- Carry out daily activities running trials in product development area of the mill and running analyses in the laboratory.
- Manage data and reporting of results from external laboratory product analyses.
- Help in commercial feed production area if needed.
- Up to 5 years hands-on experience working with feed/food product science and/or development preferred.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Previous training and experience in operation and maintenance of laboratory and/or manufacturing equipment.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, or alternative presentation software.
- Bachelors’ degree in a related discipline or two year certificate and 3 years of experience in a related discipline.
- High school diploma or GED is accepted if the candidate is able to prove 5 years of experience in animal feed commercial production.
Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply, please send your CV and letter of interest to: HR@zeiglerfeed.com
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.