Nutritional Technology Manager - United States
Friday, December 1, 2017
Zeigler Bros. Inc. is seeking a dynamic Nutritional Technology Manager to lead the nutritional effectiveness of our ZBI aquaculture products. The successful candidate will drive all activities required to provide optimum nutrition, quality, and cost effectiveness of products, including application of these products in the market. This position will also have a strong emphasis on R&D with the development of new product ingredients and improvements of existing products and is one of the key leaders of the Zeigler technical team.
The responsibilities of the Nutritional Technology Manager are as follows but not limited to:
- Effective formulation of Fish and Shrimp feeds for ZBI domestic facilities and licensees to meet nutritional and market requirements.
- Provide technical support for ZBI customers and licensees to assure proper application of ZBI products according to the latest aquaculture concepts.
- Lead and/or assist on research projects for innovative new or improved products in close coordination with R&D Department to assure ZBI market leadership.
- Develop POV (Proof of Value) for existing and new ZBI products in close coordination with Sales and R&D.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations at industry meetings and workshops to assure ZBI recognition as leaders in the aquaculture industry.
- Develop and administer operational budget for Aquaculture nutrition functions.
- Works closely with the Quality Department to set nutritional product and ingredient standards.
- Identification and evaluation of new ingredients/sources which will improve functionality, performance, and/or reduce the cost of ZBI products without compromising quality.
- Maintain effective nutritional database including appropriate species and life stage specific nutrient specifications for all aquaculture products and ingredients.
- Develop new or modified products per customer/ZBI request on approved PRFs (Product Request Forms).
- Assist with obtaining and management of government and private research grants.
- Provide recommendations on prioritization and performance of departmental goals and functions.
- Function as primary back-up for Director of Nutrition and Quality.
- The minimum requirement is a PH.D. in Aquaculture Nutrition or an associated field.
- Extensive industry work experience in aquaculture nutrition, husbandry, and feed manufacturing/formulation.
- Excellent understanding of current aquaculture nutrition and technology concepts for fish and shrimp.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate technical details clearly with people from a wide range of educational backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with computer feed formulation programs and other basic business software applications .
- Domestic and international travel required, as needed.
Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer competitive benefits which include medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance, 401K plan, paid vacation, personal, and holidays.
Zeigler Bros. Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to carrying out and complying with all of its EEO and affirmative action obligations under applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
To apply, please send your CV and letter of interest to: HR@zeiglerfeed.com
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.