Nutritionist - Aqua-Feed
Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- Leading Aqua-Feed business part of ASX-listed Ridley Corporation Ltd
- Permanent and full-time opportunity
- Diverse and fast-paced environment
- Based at Narangba, Queensland with travel to South East Asia
Who we are?
Ridley Aqua-Feed, part of Ridley Corporation, is one of the leading aquaculture feed manufacturers in Australia, is Global GAP certified and services most sectors of the aquaculture industry throughout Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands and currently expanding into S.E. Asia. We manufacture a complete range of quality extruded and steam pelleted products for aquaculture species including salmon, ocean trout, chinook, barramundi, prawns (shrimp), yellowtail kingfish, rainbow trout, cobia and other native species. We work closely with our own raw materials division developing new and exciting raw materials to complement our diets. We provide unique and customised, highest perfromance feed solutions to our leading commercial aquaculture farm customers.
What’s on offer?
Ridley has an exciting opportunity on offer based in Narangba, Queensland, and reporting to the Group Technical and R&D Manager. This hands-on role is responsible for providing ration formulation for our Australian Aqua-Feed manufacturing site in Narangba and our joint venture feed mill in Thailand, whilst also providing technical expertise to both internal and external stakeholders. The role will be working closely with the Novacq development team and will provide R&D support for the development of shrimp and various fin fish diets in Australia and South East Asia and will provide technical suppport to the Novacq sales team where needed. You will join a highly dynamic, motivated and well respected sales and technical team and work closely with production, logistics and quality to deliver feed and service solutions to meet the global excellence demanded by our customers. As a business, we pride ourselves on being innovative and flexible, always pushing the frontiers of fish and shrimp nutrition, and you will be a key member of this agile, cross-functional team.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Determine the nutritional requirements and optimal feed cost formulations for the various Aqua-Feed species groups with a focus on shrimp nutrition;
- Provide product innovation/development support, R&D and quality control/assurance support across various departments;
- Provide guidance to the Procurement and Logistics Departments to evaluate requirements of new/existing raw materials and optimum use of restricted raw materials;
- Assist in the development of R&D strategies and the communication of this output to a diverse internal and external audience;
- Assist sales and marketing activities through recommendations for diet pricing and variances;
- Maintain an up-to-date nutritional and technical knowledge of the aquaculture program;
- Provide technical support to customers in collaboration with Technical and Sales teams;
You will have:
- A Degree or higher in Aquaculture or a related field (essential) with professional experience in aquaculture nutrition (highly desirable);
- Stong nutritional capabilities in shrimp nutrition but other species is also desirable;
- A “can do” dynamic, responsive, enthusiastic and tenacious manner;
- Flexibility and willingness to travel (both domestically and internationally) and to be available outside of business hours to support this 24/7 manufacturing operation;
- A confident and customer-focused outlook with the ability to present technical and other information to diverse audiences;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail;
- Highly proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel & Powerpoint in particular) and nutritional formulation software;
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
To apply, please visit www.ridley.com.au/about/vacancies and click ‘apply now’ and provide both your resume and cover letter. Once your application has been successfully submitted, you will be required to complete a short questionnaire. Only applicants that fully complete this application process will be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake online psychometric assessments, pre-employment medical (including drug & alcohol testing) and background checks. For suitably qualified and experienced international applicants, Ridley will consider 457 sponsorship options. Relocation assistance and visa support may be available for this role.
Applications close 1 October 2017
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.