Feed Plant Manager - Scotland
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
Marine Harvest is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Feed Plant Manager. The primary focus of the role will be to oversee the operations of our Feed Plant with overall responsibility for the property, plant, equipment and staff associated with the plant. Based at Kyleakin, Isle of Skye, you will report primarily to the Director of Feed and Processing whilst working closely with the Production, Maintenance and Logistics Managers.
- Oversee the production of feed to ensure consistency and quality standards are met
- Manage inventory of all feed ingredients
- Responsible for plant cleanliness, appearance and ground maintenance
- Provide leadership, development, and supervision for feed mill employees
- Schedule all staff and manage employee time off requests
- Participate in personnel selection and training of new employees
- Adhere to all safety protocols and advocate a safe work environment
- Participate in Safety Committee and conduct monthly department safety meetings
Candidates should be qualified to degree level in aquaculture, feed & nutrition or feed mill management. In addition, they should have five or more years of feed operations and manufacturing experience, strong mechanical skills, proficient computer skills and a solid understanding of safety protocols.
The post will attract a highly competitive remuneration package which will include a relocation allowance. A full clean driving license is essential.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.