Aqua Nutritionist - Home Based in Vietnam, Thailand or Singapore
Thursday, March 30, 2017
AB Agri is looking to recruit a senior professional Nutritionist in a key commercial role within the Asian Specialty Nutrition business, ISN. A high level of autonomy will be granted to the successful candidate who will need to be able to command respect of peers in the animal nutrition sector. Understanding the aqua focused customer and anticipating their needs is crucial.
Key stakeholders: AB Agri Aqua Nutrition Manager, Protein Group technical and commercial teams as well as wider AB Agri technical community. Commercial colleagues in Asia.
• Working with existing clients in the above countries, to maintain and grow business in premixes, starter-feed, proteins and feed additives through the successful identification of client nutrition needs and commercial requirements.
• To support sales, provide a high level of technical and business support to the customer base. Through a thorough understanding of the business challenges of our clients, deliver bespoke solutions featuring our products and nutrition concepts/expertise.
• Support sales through preparation of technical information, papers and articles for customer marketing communications
• Collection, analysis and reporting of commercial trial data. Play a role as part of the wider Speciality Nutrition and AB Agri technical teams to coordinate and integrate research work.
• New product development and development of technical ideas to add value to wider customer offering
• Attendance and representation at technical conferences to promote Speciality Nutrition brands and division as a whole and gather commercially useful information.
You've got a scientific background with a degree (or equivalent) in biological/ animal science or nutrition. You've also got experience in animal nutrition or production. You've got evidenced practical application of technical knowledge in a commercial role and are capable of being recognised as an 'industry expert'. You've got a strong understanding of the aqua industry supply chain and production and the requirements of feed legislation and the impact this has upon products and offerings. You're able to communicate at both a highly technical level and in producer terms.
This role will involve extensive international travel, across key Asian countries and the UK. Your location can be flexible, with some home or office based time to ensure the highest level of customer service is maintained. You must be prepared to travel to customers' and suppliers' premises and company sites for meetings and to resolve issues.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.