Aquaculture Technical Manager - Global/Telecommute
Thursday, February 23, 2017
AB Vista is looking for an ambitious Aquaculture Technical Manager. Reporting to our Global Technical Manager, your role will involve the development of innovative solutions, liaising with the global sales team to provide professional technical support and deliver product sales through commercial business managers in the aquaculture sector.
- Overseeing all aquaculture trials (including customer testing and product development) and regularly sharing trial information internally
- Developing aquaculture applications for existing and new products
- Being the go-to person within AB Vista for Aquaculture, inspiring colleagues and distributors while influencing customers
- Presenting at industry conferences, customer meetings and internal meetings
- Providing training for colleagues and distributors on aquaculture
Networking and collaborating with aquaculture experts in different regions
- Ensuring quality assurance and environmental compliance programs are supported.
- You’ll have a PhD or equivalent in aquaculture nutrition
- You must have a credible track record and scientific integrity in commercial aquaculture production, underpinned by significant experience of project management and product development.
- You’ll have a thorough understanding of the current challenges producers and feed manufacturers face
- You’ll be able to have a conversation with the customer beyond our products.
- We seek a customer-focused individual who can work alongside a range of stakeholders across complex global locations.
- We also look to this role to lead and coach the wider sales team on aquaculture to help drive business performance, manage change and identify opportunities.
This is a truly global role, so you must be prepared to travel on a regular basis and hold a full driving license. We need fluency in English plus one other language, Portuguese and Spanish being particularly useful.
AB Vista is an animal nutrition technology business offering pioneering products and technical services to the global animal feed industry. Headquartered in the UK, the company employs 190 people across a worldwide network of offices and laboratories. AB Vista is part of AB Agri, an animal nutrition and agricultural services business, part of Associated British Foods plc. For more information please go to www.abvista.com.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.