Team leader salmonid nutrition
Friday, July 8, 2016
Skretting ARC is currently looking for an business oriented and experienced team leader to join our Nutrition Department. An innovative mindset enables the team leader to see the bigger picture, transferring the research results into business needs. Everyday work is characterised by a high focus on innovation and in-depth research, which means that we pave the way as we go –the best part is that you can play a role in deciding where that road will end.
Main tasks include:
• Manage and supervise the salmonid nutrition team, including recruitment and development of staff
• Member of the extended management team focusing on business priorities and strategy alignment
• Development and management of the salmon nutrition research portifolio, including development of new methodologies, in cooperation with the Department Manager
• Responsible for all salmonid nutrition research projects, including regular follow-up and decision making with the dedicated project managers to agree on output
• Translate input from global teams into research projects, with a high focus on close interaction and collaboration with the marketing team and various Product Managers, to implement research
• Play an active role in various global teams, providing consultancy and focusing on developing strong networks between Skretting ARC and other Skretting companies and suppliers
• Regular meetings with various internal and external stakeholders, presenting and discussing status on ongoing research and new R&D results
• Proactively drive applicable patent processes
• PhD in a relevant discipline and 5 years of business and/or research experience
• Proven record of the ability to develop and implement new nutritional technologies and concepts
• Management experience is preferable, but not a requirement
• Strong understanding of nutritional requirements
• An innovative and target oriented mindset
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Good network relations within the research field
In this position, you will have the opportunity to join a well-established team of researchers and work for a leading company in animal nutrition and aqua feed. We offer a challenging position with ample possibilities for professional growth and competitive benefits. We also support and encourage extracurricular sport, health and cultural activities.
The working location is Stavanger, Norway and the working language is English. Stavanger is located in the beautiful south of Norway with easy international connectivity and high quality international schooling for children.
The successful applicant combines a high level of understanding of his/her technical area with a creative and innovative mindset. Applications are invited from candidates with the described skills and experience.
Skretting is a global leader in providing innovative and sustainable nutritional solutions to the aquaculture industry. Skretting has production facilities in 18 countries on five continents to manufacture and deliver high quality feeds from hatching to harvest for more than 60 species. The total annual production volume of feed is more than 2 million tonnes.
Skretting Aquaculture Research Centre (ARC) is the global research organisation for Skretting. The research centre is based in Stavanger, Norway, and has further research units in Italy, Spain, China, Ecuador, Australia, Egypt and Japan.
Skretting ARC employs an international team of over 100 highly skilled specialists, supported by a substantial annual investment in advanced R&D. We collaborate with over 50 research institutes and private companies across the globe. Core competencies are nutrition, health, feed production and research methodologies.
For more information about Skretting ARC visit www.skrettingarc.com.
For more information please contact Esther Schudel (recruitment consultant) on +31 6 10206888 (mobile) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.