Chief Technology Officer - Switzerland
Tuesday, January 5, 2021
Swiss Blue Salmon is a young Swiss startup company planning to build a RAS salmon farm to sustainably raise Atlantic salmon from egg to harvest size for the local market. The farm will be designed to have high energy efficiency and the energy supply will be based on renewable energy sources to guarantee a low eco-footprint. The company is looking for an experienced chief technology officer (CTO).
In the first two years, the candidate will be leading the company's project team and be involved with local and international planning and construction companies to set up the farm from planning untill commissioning:
- Feasibility, concept and pre-engineering.
- Develop and lead the team’s activity within the engineering and construction project.
- Project organization and management.
- Develop the project in close relation with CEO and CFO.
- Contact suppliers and local authorities.
- Manage permitting process.
From year three, the candidate will plan the future operation of the RAS, set up the operation team and lead the start-up of the farm.
- Develop and establish best practice and continuously improve across the company.
- Establish an annual production budget, with a strong focus on ensuring delivery of key performance indicators and targets.
- Optimize operational costs (engineering, workflow, operations, etc.) in close relation with the fish farming experts, processing and sales.
- Relevant engineering and/or aquaculture qualifications (engineer/civil engineer/mechanical engineer or similar). The position requires technical and practical competence in project development/management concerning construction or process engineering.
- Background/understanding of Internet of Things (IoT), as well as basic know-how in business administration, is advantageous but not mandatory.
- Experience from smolt production might compensate for the lack in other backgrounds.
- Preferably some years of work experience in an engineering company and/or land-based aquaculture system (producer or supplier).
- Interest in data, numbers and figures to optimize a farm during planning and operation.
- In depth understanding of day-to-day operational tasks in RAS.
- Excellent communication skills in English/German are advantageous but not mandatory.
The company offers:
- Dynamic and pragmatic team and work culture.
- Opportunity to be involved in planning, building and managing a salmon RAS farm.
- Work and live in beautiful Switzerland with access to world-class educational systems and access to a high-standard health care system.
The position will be placed in the top management team, work closely with its environmental
engineer and report directly to the CEO. The position is based close to Zurich Airport - Switzerland and will require traveling. Competitive compensation package including participation in attractive employee stock option plan, pension contributions and social insurance.
For more information and application, contact Rudolf Ryf, email@example.com. Application deadline is January 31, 2021.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.