Aquaculture Feed Technical Officer - Australia
Thursday, November 19, 2020
Ornatas is looking for an aquaculture feed technical officer to join the commercial tropical rock lobster, broodstock and hatchery facility that the company is building at its Toomulla Beach site.
- Undertake live feed production and diet manufacture.
- Operate and maintain a variety of aquaculture equipment, including microscopes and diet manufacturing equipment.
- Assist in other areas of the hatchery as required including broodstock, larval rearing and water quality management.
- Become proficient in the production of all site manufactured diets ensuring they meet all quality benchmarks.
- Adhere to stringent standard operating procedures, WH&S and personal hygiene.
- Work under laboratory conditions with an eye for detail.
- Maintain records and enter data in computer spreadsheets.
- Ability to follow instructions and work to a high standard.
- Highly developed personal and communication skills.
- Good attitude and a team player.
- Practical problem-solving skills.
- An associated degree in aquaculture or marine biology would be of assistance, but not mandatory.
The successful candidate will hold a current driver’s license and be an Australian citizen or have existing legal working rights.
Find more information here.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.