Ballan Wrasse Breeding Program Manager - UK
Tuesday, November 3, 2020
The Institute of Aquaculture of the University of Stirling, in partnership with Otter Ferry Seafish Ltd., is seeking a breeding program manager as part of a Knowledge Transfer Partnership project. The project will focus on the development and implementation of a Ballan wrasse broodstock management strategy at the industry partner seeking to optimize stock performance and establish the first commercial selective breeding program for the species.
- Review Otter Ferry Seafish business and market and project preparation.
- Optimize Ballan wrasse broodstock spawning performance.
- Characterize genetic relatedness of captive wild and F1 broodstocks.
- Develop genetic markers associated with performance traits of interest.
- Evaluate F1 broodstock spawning performance.
- Implement the breeding program and disseminate the work.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant biology subject e.g. aquaculture, marine biology or agronomy.
- Competent in general laboratory skills.
- Capable of basic statistical analysis and data management.
- Competent in Microsoft Office packages, in particular Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team
- Applicants should be comfortable working in remote locations, working and living as part of a small community.
For more information and application, visit www.stir.ac.uk. Apply by November 26, 2020.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.