Hatchery Supervisor - Canada
Thursday, October 29, 2020
Ocean Falls hatchery is seeking applications for a hatchery supervisor position.
Production duties include feeding and caring for salmon fry, vaccinating, grading by size, disease screening, cleaning and maintaining tanks and related equipment, conducting flow measurements and water quality checks, assisting with fish health sampling and record keeping. The candidate will also be responsible for shift supervisory and administrative functions in addition to the production tasks outlined above.
- Grade 12 plus more than three years of experience in salmon farming or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Post-secondary aquaculture certificate or diploma preferred.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in providing leadership to a team of staff and supporting all aspects of personnel management.
- Good critical thinking abilities, decision-making abilities and sound judgment.
- Highly organized, able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines for production.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills (i.e. approachable, empathetic) including the ability to develop effective relationships and successfully resolve conflict situations.
- Computer skills (e.g. Aquafarmer, word processing, spreadsheets & databases).
- Highly motivated, positive outlook and positive attitude towards work.
More information here. Apply by November 2, 2020.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.