Nov 14, 2019 — A new federal order requires that imported shipments of all live fish, fertilized eggs and gametes from TiLV-susceptible species now have a USDA import permit, official health certificate and veterinary inspection.
Dec 12, 2019 — Portuguese bivalve aquaculture company, Oceano Fresco S.A., has completed a series A round that brings a total investment in the company to over €7.5 million. The company uses cutting-edge tools and a science-based approach to breed and commercialize premium species of bivalves starting with varieties of clam native to Europe.
Nov 14, 2019 — Earlier this year, the Health Canada Veterinary Drugs Directorate (VDD) approved RPS Biologiques’ veterinary health products (VHP), Supratect-L and Supratect-, a veterinary health products made entirely from common plant materials that supports healthy fish and fish eggs.
Oct 30, 2019 — The company announced the dissolution of its joint venture with AquaChile and the opportunity it had to control the salmon breeding operation in Chile and pursue an independent strategy.
Oct 30, 2019 — Troutlodge has been designated as a RSPCA Assured producer of rainbow trout, a certification of high animal welfare standards in all areas of production.
Oct 24, 2019 — Researchers found that it is possible to change the fatty acid composition of farmed salmon through breeding. It can further help to utilize omega-3 in feed more effectively.
Oct 24, 2019 — The breeding and genetics division conducts research and provides services for the development and operation of aquaculture breeding programs where the use of genomic information plays a central role.
Oct 21, 2019 — After three years of research in an R&D facility located in southern Israel, AquaMaof has successfully adapted its RAS technology for land-based production of shrimp with high-survival rates and disease-free results. It will be ready for market in 2020.
Oct 21, 2019 — FRIPPAK range wins the Best Functional Product in Chinese Aquaculture Feed Industry 2019 award.
Oct 9, 2019 — Scientists from the SEAFDEC developed a technique to determine the sex of Epinephelus lanceolatus broodstock through its skin mucus.
Oct 9, 2019 — The agreement includes the production of Atlantic salmon broodstock and eggs from the SalmoBreed strain
Oct 9, 2019 — The first-ever global report of its kind, The State of the World's Aquatic Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture reviews our use of aquatic genetic resources both in capture fisheries and in aquaculture, in areas under national jurisdiction. Wider, appropriate and long-term application of genetic improvement in aquaculture, with a focus on selective breeding, will help boost food production to meet a projected increase in demand for fish and fish products with relatively little extra feed, land, water and other inputs, according to a new FAO report.
Dec 31, 2019 — Benchmark’s Spring Genetics®: First company to be granted with import licence for tilapia genetic material to Colombia
Oct 9, 2019 — Hendrix Genetics and Plant & Food Research have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to co-develop underwater vision technology for measuring aquaculture breeding stock, using trout as a test case.
Oct 9, 2019 — The State of the World’s Aquatic Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture report states that only around 10 percent of global aquaculture is of improved strains resulting from well-managed selective breeding programs.
Oct 9, 2019 — Total tilapia Production in Colombia is 70,000 tons, from those 60% are red tilapia and the remaining 40% are Nile tilapia.
Oct 9, 2019 — ICAR-Central Institute Brackishwater Aquaculture, Chennai has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with M/s.Techno feeder, Pvt. Ltd for the technology transfer of ‘Colourfishfeed’, a scientifically formulated feed designed for health and color of ornamental fish, rather than growth, which is not the primary objective in aquarium feeds.
Oct 9, 2019 — The Australian Research Council will support the establishment of the world’s first sustainable onshore lobster aquaculture industry.
Oct 9, 2019 — The facility aims at produce local microalgal strains already selected by researchers.
Oct 9, 2019 — The replacement of fishmeal by plant-based meal, alone or in combination with fish oil in diets for gilthead sea bream broodstock, negatively affects growth performance of juvenile offspring.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.