Broodstock Manager - Canada
Monday, October 5, 2020
Grieg Seafood BC Ltd. is seeking a broodstock manager to achieve identified targets for the hatchery and, where necessary, other parts of the company. In collaboration with the freshwater production manager, the candidate is expected to co-operatively coordinate their teams and resources to meet the wider Grieg BC team objectives. There will be times when the manager is responsible for supervising staff from other departments as needed for broodstock logistics.
- Manage day to day operational activities that support the breeding program.
- Meet egg production targets: quantity, delivery timing and survival.
- Improve stock traits to meet production goals.
- Manage all data collection, input, analysis and reporting.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, investigate them in detail and present results in a form that allows the wider business value to be determined.
- Bachelor’s degree in aquaculture, aquatic resources, fisheries resources management or similar.
- Minimum of three years of aquaculture experience.
- Preference for training in genetics and RAS.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Demonstrated competency in all software applications used by the company.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including experience in teambuilding and goal setting.
- Ability to solve problems.
For more information and application, visit www.griegseafoodcanada.com. Apply by October 12, 2020.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.