Hatchery Technician - UK
Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Mowi is looking for passionate and highly motivated hatchery technicians for the company’s RAS units at Inchmore and Lochailort, UK. The hatchery technician role is a crucial part of the operations process and ensures that the best management of the salmon is undertaken.
- Take care of eggs prior to hatching.
- Fish husbandry of the fry and smolts.
- Clean down and maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Proactive approach to health and safety practices throughout the hatchery.
- Leading on feed, control and inspection of fish.
- Inspection and maintenance of equipment and facilities around the hatchery.
- Monitoring and maintaining fish health and welfare.
- General farm tasks to keep the whole operation running.
- Previous experience in freshwater operations will be an advantage, but not essential as training will be provided.
- A degree in biological sciences or equivalent will be an advantage.
- Flexible approach to working to meet the demands of the job.
- A high degree of computer literacy is essential.
- Self-motivated, able to work well in a large team.
- Good communication and planning skills.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Ability to understand the aims of the site and to support the rest of the team to achieve these.
- Respect for the need for safe working practices.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.