Oyster Hatchery Manager - USA
Wednesday, August 26, 2020
The Palacios Marine Agriculture Research Organization is looking for an oyster hatchery manager for a new commercial facility in Palacios, Texas.
- Interact with construction manager in terms of site development and commissioning of facilities.
- Develop and implement hatchery production guidelines and overall strategy for interaction with potential buyers and stakeholders.
- Oversee hatchery personnel and daily interaction with the administrative section of PMAR.
- Interact with resource agencies in terms of relevant permitting rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with federal and state aquaculture regulations and permitting requirements for aquaculture hatchery.
- Develop a standard operational protocol for operation of the hatchery, including but not limited to algae production, broodstock maintenance, larval rearing, spat-on-shell and production of seed oysters.
- Attend and participate in various federal, state, and/or local coastal resource management meetings.
- Report directly to the facility director.
- This position will be required to work a flexible schedule including some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent experience in biology, marine science or related field.
- At least five years of experience in oyster hatchery management.
- Self-starter with strong time management and multi-tasking skills, able to work independently without much oversight.
- Prior supervisory and budgetary experience.
- Additional demonstrable experience in commercial oyster aquaculture grow-out.
- Experience in commercial production management.
- Liaison skills with stakeholders, regulatory and extension agencies.
Submit a letter of interest and other supporting information to email@example.com. Apply by December 18, 2020.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.