Researcher in statistical genomics and bioinformatics - Norway
Thursday, August 20, 2020
Nofima’s Department of Breeding and Genetics is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic researcher to conduct research within statistical genomics and bioinformatics. The department works on selective breeding, quantitative genetics and genomics in aquaculture and has a strong international profile.
The main tasks of this position are to generate project ideas and project, lead, execute and report scientific projects. The projects are often complex and involve multiple collaborators. Thus, good communication skills are essential. The candidate will also develop his/her own field of expertise and participate in defining a strategic direction in the department.
- PhD in genomics and bioinformatics.
- Expertise in statistics, computer programming and bioinformatics.
- Experience in -omics data analysis.
- Expertise and experience demonstrated through scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals in relevant fields.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a (transdisciplinary) team.
For more information and application, visit www.jobbnorge.no. Apply by September 20, 2020.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.