Chief Biologist - Denmark
Wednesday, August 19, 2020
Aliga Microalgae is looking for a temporary replacement for its chief biologist who will be responsible for the company’s production of microalgae by fermentation at its facility in Hjørring, Denmark.
- Set-up and operate lab-, small- and industrial-scale production fermenters.
- Lead technology transfer and scale-up at commercial scale according to the company’s goal.
- Use technical knowledge to identify, troubleshoot and assist with the resolution of process problems.
- Manage a team of highly motivated scientists and technicians from regular tasks to mid/long term projects.
- Document experiment execution and analysis using an electronic lab notebook, batch record, and/or protocols.
- Write documentation including project reports and SOP’s.
- Organize technical data, provide oral presentations or technical reports to communicate results.
- Train existing and new staff.
- Master's degree within biotechnology, biochemical engineering, fermentation or related engineering or life science discipline.
- Previous experience in running, maintaining and troubleshooting of bench-scale and industrial-scale microbial fermenters.
- It will be an advantage if you have experience in optimizing fermentation conditions for high-density cultures and fed-batch cultivation.
- Strong understanding of biochemical engineering principles, bioprocess development, fed-batch fermentation processes and feedback control systems.
- Understanding of engineering principles such as mass balance, mass transfer, fluid mechanics and reactor design preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to discuss complex technical concepts with a variety of audiences.
- A genuine technical interest and curiosity.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivated, adaptability and a positive attitude
- Fluency in English, written and verbal.
For more information and application, visit aliga.dk. Apply by September 15, 2020.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.