Production Associate - Canada
Wednesday, August 12, 2020
AquaBounty Canada is looking for a production associate to support its broodstock, research and development, and commercial farming activities. The successful candidate will be expected to perform such tasks as fish husbandry, data collection, sample collection, spawning, water quality management and testing, routine calibration and maintenance of facility equipment, and working with the team to maintain a clean, safe working environment.
Do you have experience working with animals? It doesn’t have to be with fish, although that helps. Knowledge of any livestock production methods, or just animal husbandry in general, makes it easier to learn about fish farming. Production associates are responsible for raising the eggs and fish, providing all the day-to-day care needed, such as feeding, handling and sorting, assessing health status and monitoring the quality of the water in which the fish live.
- High school diploma and competent in reading, writing, math, and some computer skills.
- Ability to work in a team and independently, demonstrate problem-solving skills, trustworthiness, attention to detail, and the ability to care for animals.
- A science-related diploma or degree or a diploma or degree in a relevant trade to aquaculture (i.e. plumbing, electrical, mechanical) is an asset.
- Practical knowledge or experience with quality systems such as GLP/GMP is preferred but not required.
- Experience working in aquaculture or raising livestock is an asset.
For more information and application, visit www.aquabounty.com. Apply by August 28, 2020.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.