VP of Hatchery - USA
Thursday, August 6, 2020
Nordic Aquafarms is looking for a VP of hatchery to be responsible for production in one of the world’s largest land-based salmon farms. The VP will have direct responsibility for production planning, staffing and compliance activities, daily operations, and quality assurance for smolt activities. The scope of the smolt operation includes hatchery operations to a post-smolt size for further grow-out.
The VP will have his/her own production team, with their own resources plus rely on or be dependent on internal quality functions related to water quality, feed quality assurance, lab services, fish health, etc. The position will be measured primarily on the fulfillment of quality smolt. The VP will have an experienced peer group in salmon production and RAS technology, both in the U.S. and internationally.
- Production and budget planning.
- Fulfillment of smolt according to plans and budgets.
- Recruitment, training and retention of production team members.
- Order eggs.
- Quarantine operations.
- Direct quality assurance activities in smolt.
- Risk management.
- Fish welfare and smolt quality.
- Compliance with company best practices and applicable laws/permit requirements.
- Production reporting.
- Experience with RAS (recirculating aquaculture systems) is required.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in aquaculture and commercial production management, including operations manager track-record.
- Theoretical know-how and practical experience with salmon, fish welfare issues, water chemistry and production logistics.
- Documented production planning experience.
- Effective in prioritizing and making decisions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization.
- International mindset, international experience/exposure will be a plus.
- Track record of collegial, collaborative work style across a diversity of perspectives with a record of success; has built and maintained close working relationships with internal audiences for mutually beneficial outcomes.
- A sense of humor and a self-managed ego.
- A BA/MS/MA in aquaculture, marine biology or similar.
More information and application here. Apply by August 31, 2020.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.