Breeding Program Manager - UK
Monday, July 20, 2020
Xelect Ltd is seeking to appoint two dynamic aquaculture professionals with a strong grounding in quantitative genetics to join its growing team. The company offers complete genetics support to breeding programs for multiple species of fish and shellfish, alongside expert consultancy on broodstock and aquaculture operations for corporate clients. One of the roles will also be focused on due diligence for mergers and acquisitions or investment. The due diligence work involves carrying out audits on broodstock, hatchery operations, production, biosecurity, environmental monitoring, animal welfare, harvesting, processing, data management staff skills and training.
- A minimum of an M.Sc. relating to aquaculture, quantitative genetics, fish reproduction or animal breeding.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Knowledge and experience of hatchery and broodstock management, including aquaculture operations more widely for finfish and/or shellfish species.
- Experience working with the aquaculture industry.
- Excellent data management and computer literacy skills.
- Willing to travel and experience working in other countries.
- Basic knowledge of statistics and programming platforms.
- PhD relating to aquaculture, fish reproduction or animal breeding.
- Proficiency of programming platforms R and/or Linux.
- Advanced statistical skills including multivariate analysis.
- Proficiency in other languages.
- Peer-reviewed publications in the field of aquaculture, reproduction or genetics.
The positions are based at the company’s headquarters in St. Andrews, Scotland, but will require some overseas travel.
For more information and application, visit xelect-genetics.com. Apply by August 14, 2020.