Research Assistant - UK
Friday, July 17, 2020
MiAlgae is looking for a research assistant to assist in the preparation and execution of experiments that explore the utilization of alternate feedstocks and optimization of various algal growth parameters in-line with R&D carried out by the company. The successful candidate will be involved in the design of experiments and will be responsible for making up media, maintaining cultures, developing new protocols for the lab and assisting where needed. This position is in a startup and has a lot of room to grow, as such, this position will by no means be limited to the job description.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of R&D experiments.
- Assist in the development and execution of quality control procedures.
- Lab administrative tasks including COSHH forms, risk assessments, stock keeping and ensuring H&S standards are being adhered to.
- Assist the R&D team with general lab tasks.
- Assist the laboratory manager in efficiently running the laboratory.
- Provide regular updates on experimental results to the wider team.
- BSc in biotechnology or similar subject (or equivalent industrial experience).
- One year of laboratory experience in industry or academia.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Experience growing microalgae.
- Understanding of media optimization and statistical analysis of data.
- Desire to work in a startup environment.
- Can do, positive attitude and ability to work independently.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Knowledge of circular economy and the associated challenges.
- Strong desire to benefit the environment and do well by doing good.
- A certain level of flexibility in working hours and some local travel requirements between sites.
MiAlgae is a startup microalgae production company that utilizes circular economy (and nutrient recycling) in order to reduce manufacturing costs. The microalgal products generated are aimed at the agricultural feed industry. We are a green company and aim to contribute strongly to the sustainability of the livestock feed industry. We are particularly interested in the aquaculture feed industry and the production of Omega-3 supplements for their feeds. MiAlgae is currently in the process of completing the R&D work required to commercialize our product. The successful candidate will operate in a complex working environment with multiple stakeholders, competing priorities and limited resources.
For more information and application, visit www.mialgae.com.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.