Territory Manager - Malaysia
Wednesday, July 15, 2020
Cargill is looking for a territory manager for the business development of the Cargill Aqua Feed segment in Malaysia.
- Translate market and customer needs into insights and lead the development and execution of solutions that create distinctive value for customers and Cargill.
- Develop deep customer intimacy by working together with commercial director, operations, technical and freshwater territory managers to execute and deliver designated area budget.
- Increase Cargill presence and share with current and new customers by determining the suitable value proposition and working to resolving internal challenges to deliver CQN portfolio of solutions.
- Build a deep understanding of competition in the designated area and clearly articulate a differentiating position.
- Responsible for payment follow-ups and coordination as per the financial policies.
- Lead product´s qualification with key prospect customers, translating opportunities into sustainable sales.
- Proactively create a portfolio of “trusted advisor” relationships with strategic farmers, dealers, and key internal stakeholders to drive business development activities and achieve objectives.
- Provide sales volume forecasting and planning for designated area and other species areas.
- Participate in local team meetings.
- Assist in the development of strategic commercial plans incorporating insight into the industry, market needs and opportunities, effectively utilizing available business and market information for the designated area.
- Support continuous review of designated area strategy, product and portfolio. Reprioritize as necessary based on changes in market conditions and/or strategy.
- Keep overview and report commercial aspects such as total market/market share/price development/competition/product availability for the designated area.
- Be the channel to promote portfolio of products and solutions in the designated area. Ensure continuous feedback, providing inputs to optimize products and the use of the most cost-effective feedstock (suitable) based on plant capabilities and market needs.
- Competition tracking for new products, etc.
- Degree in science or related industry with strongly developed commercial skills.
- More than ten years of experience in combined commercial, technical and management experience.
- More than five years of experience in a similar industry.
- Ability to build long-lasting business-to-business relationships within organizations (both internally and externally).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate value propositions with multiples functions, resulting in increased value to the stakeholders in new technology/market space.
- Customer-focused with a high level of urgency and proven ability to successfully resolve conflicts, service and performance issues.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Good written and spoken communication skills and fluency in English.
- Team player – demonstrated collaboration, communication and leadership skills.
- Customer champion – voice of the “market”.
- Strong negotiation skills and resilient in a competitive environment.
For more information and application, visit careers.cargill.com.