Researcher Shrimp Nutrition and Physiology - Norway
Monday, July 6, 2020
Skretting ARC is looking for a researcher focused on shrimp nutrition and physiology nutrition with an innovative mindset and good collaboration skills. In this role, the candidate will be a key player in the development of novel solutions optimizing shrimp diets for the fast-growing aquafeed operations worldwide. While the position is for a shrimp nutrition and physiology researcher, those with experience from teleosts and a willingness to expand their knowledge base may also be considered.
- Plan, coordinate and execute research studies related to shrimp and warm water fish nutrition.
- Manage collaborative projects with internal and external partners.
- Communicate results and findings to our key stakeholders and assist in implementation.
- Provide technical support relating to nutritional issues to operating companies.
- PhD in shrimp or fish nutrition/physiology related field or equivalent work experience.
- Competence in the experimental design of animal trials and proficiency in statistics to interpret the results and guide business growth.
- Knowledge of the nutritional requirements of warm water species especially shrimp.
- Understanding raw material requirements for producing high-quality shrimp feeds will be advantageous, but not required for the position.
- Demonstrated collaborative teamwork skills.
- Innovative mindset, including a hands-on and target-oriented mentality.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- High proficiency in English.
- Experience of working in multi-national teams.
Job location is Stavanger, Norway. For more information and application visit nutreco.com. Apply by August 2, 2020. For questions related to the position, contact Mattew Owen (manager shrimp and warmwater species nutrition), firstname.lastname@example.org.