Postdoctoral research associate in algae production - USA
Thursday, July 2, 2020
Palacios Marine Agriculture Research Organization (PMAR) is seeking a postdoctoral research associate with research experience in algae biomass culture, with an emphasis on aquaculture applications. The position would involve conducting research for the Palacios Marine Agriculture Research Organization (PMAR) located in Palacios, Texas and managed by the Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. The finalist for this position will work closely with PMAR management as well as other research staff to develop a broad-based research program to improve algae biomass productivity within the scope of PMAR objectives.
- Identification and development of algae culture strains suitable for use in aquaculture applications.
- Improve the biomass productivity of algae culture systems for aquaculture hatchery use.
- Develop a vigorous research program to investigate innovative uses of algae biomass for non-traditional uses.
- Remain current with the body of science related to general aquaculture, present and publish research findings.
- Advise and mentor undergraduate and graduate students at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.
- Report to the project leader.
- Doctoral degree in biological sciences, genetics, microbiology or closely related field.
- Background in one or more fields of aquaculture and/or algae biomass production.
- Practical experience in algae biomass culture.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong experience (at least 4 years) in the culture of microalgae for oyster hatchery applications.
- Experience with algal strain selection and nutritional manipulation of algae cultures.
- Familiarity with current technology regarding algae biomass harvesting.
- Track record of high-impact publications and collaboration with notable research programs.
Submit a letter of interest and any other supporting documentation to TEXASOYSTERS@TAMUCC.EDU. Apply by December 18, 2020.