Oyster Hatchery Manager - USA
Wednesday, June 24, 2020
Harte Research Institute is seeking an oyster hatchery manager to operate a commercial facility for the Palacios Marine Agriculture Research Organization. This facility will be in Palacios, Texas, and will be managed by the Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.
- Interact with construction manager in terms of site development and commissioning of facilities.
- Develop and implement hatchery production guidelines and overall strategy for interaction with potential buyers and stakeholders.
- Oversee hatchery personnel and daily interaction with the administrative section of PMAR.
- Interact with resource agencies in terms of relevant permitting rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with federal and state aquaculture regulations and permitting requirements for aquaculture hatchery.
- Develop a standard operational protocol for operation of the hatchery, including but not limited to algae production, broodstock maintenance, larval rearing, spat-on-shell, and production of seed oysters.
- Attend and participate in various federal, state, and/or local coastal resource management meetings.
- Report directly to the facility director.
- This position will be required to work a flexible schedule including some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent experience in biology, marine science or related field.
- At least five years of experience in oyster hatchery management.
- Must be a self-starter with strong time management and multi-tasking skills, able to work independently without much oversight.
- Prior supervisory and budgetary experience.
- Additional demonstrable experience in commercial oyster aquaculture grow-out.
- Experience in commercial production management.
- Liaison skills with stakeholders, regulatory and extension agencies.
Submit a letter of interest and CV to email@example.com.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.