Research Hatchery Manager - USA
Wednesday, June 17, 2020
The Center for Aquaculture Technologies (CAT) is seeking a hatchery manager to join the R&D team in its laboratory in San Diego, USA. This position is a key role within CAT and the manager will work collaboratively within the R&D team facilitating research projects, especially projects in genome editing and other biotechnical applications in tilapia, shrimp, and zebrafish.
- Spawning and husbandry.
- Facility equipment operations and fish life support.
- Data collection.
- Improve current practices, develop optimized systems and ensure that these four responsibilities are met with excellence.
- Plan and implement hatchery upgrades or expansions.
- Participation in R&D planning and strategy. As the R&D team is developing technologies to be implemented into commercial breeding programs, the candidate will be a resource and participate in discussions grounding research goals to the practicalities of spawning fish and operations within the hatchery.
- Participation in experimental design. The manager will participate with the R&D team in planning experiments that examine phenotypes associated with R&D technologies.
- A minimum of four years of expertise in maintaining facilities and spawning fish with some experience in research.
- Experience in managing projects and coordination of internal resources is required.
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically and have good writing skills.
- Team-oriented with experience managing a small team.
This is a hands-on position. Send CV and resume and provide the contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply by June 2, 2020.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.