Resident Hatchery Technician - Australia
Thursday, June 11, 2020
Ornatas is looking for a resident hatchery technician to join its lobster breeding facility. The company will soon be constructing a tropical rock lobster broodstock and hatchery facility at Toomulla Beach Site, Australia.
- Undertake daily duties including live feeds, animal husbandry, water quality monitoring, broodstock management and hatching.
- Become proficient in the development, implementation and management of Recirculating Aquaculture Systems (RAS).
- Adhere to stringent standard operating procedures, WH&S and personal hygiene.
- Undertake rostered work outside of usual working hours and be available for an on-call roster.
- Ability to work and lead a team to achieve the world’s first lobster hatchery and grow-out facility.
- Work under laboratory conditions with an eye for detail.
- Practical knowledge of aquaculture principles, RAS and water quality monitoring.
- Expertise in aquatic animal husbandry.
- Ability to follow instructions and work to a high standard.
- Highly developed personal and communication skills.
- Good attitude and team player.
- Practical plumbing and problem-solving skills.
- An associated degree in aquaculture or marine biology is preferred but not compulsory.
For more information and application, visit www.seek.com.au.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.