Hatchery position openings - Qatar
Wednesday, June 10, 2020
Qatari company has three open positions for an aquaculture farm in Al Khor, Qatar.
Live food technician
- Collect and prepare samples in accordance with established procedures.
- Test feed, feed additives and feed containers to ensure that they comply with established safety standards.
- Help feed scientists with feed research, development and quality control.
- Analyze chemical properties of feed to determine ingredients and formulas.
- Compile and analyze test results.
- Prepare charts, presentations and reports describing test results.
- Prepare and maintain quantities of chemicals needed to perform laboratory tests.
- Maintain a safe, sterile laboratory environment.
Artemia production supervisor
- Manage manual harvesting and transportation of brine shrimp eggs.
- Study, revise and improve existing feed formulations.
- Design, supervise, coordinate and analyze testing and feed trials in laboratory, production and hatchery environments.
- Study the effectiveness of live feeds and manufactured feeds.
- Develop and maintain quality control procedures and protocols for feed production and provide feedback on quality assurance efforts.
- Provide technical support to customers and help develop technical literature for live and manufactured feeds.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports.
- Maintain effective communication with managers and colleagues regarding formulation, research, quality control and technical support.
- Perform other research and development duties as directed.
Finfish nursery manager
- Experience with finfish nursery operations including, spawning, larval rearing, fingerling production, broodstock management and live feeds culture.
- Experience operating and maintaining laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Experience with recirculating aquaculture systems and system design.
Requirements for the three positions:
- Highly organized and goal orientated individual with a master or engineer degree in aquaculture.
- Minimum of five years of experience in larval breeding in intensive system and principally with a RAS background.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral, and proven leadership and supervisory skills.
- Leader with exemplary interpersonal and problem-solving skills, and adept at solving problems and developing solutions in real time.
- Work effectively with international consultants, suppliers, and AFRC staff.
- Training and development of a high performing group of aquaculture technicians.
- Demonstrable ability to enter, manipulate and analyze data on personal computers and produce technical reports. Strong English ability (written, spoken and reading).
For more information and application, contact Ms. Maricor, email@example.com.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.