Hatcheries Manager - UAE
Monday, April 27, 2020
Pure Salmon is looking for a hatchery manager that will be part of a small, highly experienced Pure Salmon central team based in Abu Dhabi, managing, training, and overseeing the rollout and operation of the company’s facilities around the world.
- Develop best practice protocols including SOP’s and training packages from egg to smolt.
- Support the recruitment of operational staff. Deliver and coordinate with trainers the training of these staff and ensure the start-up of farming activities is following SOP’s and guidelines.
- Cover incubation, first feeding, health treatments, feeding, grading, counting, photoperiod protocols and lighting, R&D, including trials.
- Work as part of the Pure Salmon central team to ensure operations are resourced and monitored to achieve production plans.
- Ensure that production budgets are met and exceeded.
- Benchmarking and auditing of operations to ensure targets are optimized and appropriate standards are adhered to.
- Other duties as required in support of, for instance, IT system implementation/development, stock planning, etc.
- Keep up with current trends in the industry and modern business practices, maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the development and management of RAS systems.
- Degree level in aquaculture or an associated discipline.
- Significant Industry experience with proven leadership skills.
- Experience in salmon hatchery operations.
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Can-do attitude with a drive to succeed.
- Fluent in English.
The role will require extensive travel and attracts an appropriate salary and support package in what is a rapidly developing business based in a tax-free working environment. More information and application here.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.