Larval Supervisor - Qatar
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
A hatchery facility in Qatar is looking for a larval supervisor to coordinate and conduct the production and the R&D programs of the larval department to ensure targeted production is met on time and with high quality.
- Provide day to day supervision.
- Supervise the production and R&D programs in the larval department.
- Contribute to the identified challenges and research projects.
- Contribute to the production planning in accordance with the finfish manager and finfish assistant manager.
- Supervise the production of high-quality weaned larvae.
- Maintain a highly efficient center that allows staff to meet AFRC’s R&D requirements and AFRC’s production requirements in terms of numbers, quality and economical targets.
- Monitor the health in accordance with the biosecurity and safety manager.
- Supervise breeding and harvesting schedules.
- Supervise a variety of projects and staff with quality, timing, and economical targets.
- Maintain optimal communication with the finfish manager and the finfish assistant manager.
- Highly organized and goal orientated individual with a diploma in aquaculture.
- Minimum of five years of experience in larval rearing with semi-intensive to intensive systems with flow through and/or RAS technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral, and proven leadership and supervisory skills.
- Work effectively with international technicians, consultants, suppliers and AFRC staff.
- Training and development of a high performing group of aquaculture workers and technicians.
- Demonstrable ability to enter, manipulate and analyze data on personal computers and produce technical reports.
- Strong English ability (written, spoken and reading).
Job location Al Khor, Qatar. Send CV to Ms. Maricor, firstname.lastname@example.org by April 23, 2020.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.