Assistant Hatchery Manager - Kenya
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
Victory Farms is looking for an experienced aquaculture professional to help increase its tilapia hatchery’s output from its current level of 10-12 million pieces per month.
- Assess, revise and develop protocols for broodstock management, genetics and pathology.
- Maintain the equipment within the RAS system.
- Manage hatchery water quality.
- Maintain egg yields and hatch rates at predetermined company targets.
- Coordinate the safe and efficient transfer of fingerlings from hatchery to pond nursery.
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities.
- Compile weekly and monthly egg collection, fish stocking and water quality results.
- Train junior team members.
- Solid background in aquaculture sciences, preferably with at least a B.Sc. level of education, although experienced technician candidates are also encouraged to apply.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in tilapia hatcheries.
- Fluent in English.
- Willing to relocate to rural Kenya.
Job location is Homabay, Kenya. Application deadline is May 4. More information and application here.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.