Aquaculture Breeding Program Manager - UK
Tuesday, February 25, 2020
Xelect Ltd is seeking to appoint two dynamic breeding program managers to be based at its headquarters in St. Andrews in Scotland.
- Liaison with clients to review, plan and manage the contracted breeding programs. This will involve regular overseas travel.
- Understand laboratory processes involved including SNP genotyping as well as conduct of the post-laboratory processing and statistical analysis and subsequent compiling of reports and presentations.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities, be effective within a team and hold outstanding interpersonal skills.
- A minimum of a M.Sc. relating to aquaculture, quantitative genetics, fish reproduction or animal breeding.
- Knowledge and experience of hatchery and broodstock systems for finfish and/or shellfish species.
- Experience working with aquaculture industry.
- Excellent data management and computer literacy skills.
- Willing to travel and experience working within other countries.
- Laboratory skills in molecular biology including DNA extraction and qPCR techniques.
- Basic knowledge of programming platforms including R and Linux.
- PhD relating to aquaculture, fish reproduction or animal breeding.
- Proficiency of programming platforms R and / or Linux.
- SNP genotyping techniques.
- Ability to converse in another language would be a distinct advantage.
- Peer reviewed publications in the field of aquaculture, reproduction or genetics.
More information and application here. Apply by April 17.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.