Procurement Data Scientist - Norway
Monday, February 17, 2020
Skretting is seeking a procurement data scientist to increase the grip and improve the information gained from the data that is collected in Skretting Procurement. With €1.9 billion in annual global purchases comes a huge amount of data amongst others purchasing contracts, deliveries and ingredient test results. Several different systems are used across operating companies and functions to record, store, process and present this data as actionable insights for purchasing or commercial decisions. In the renewed set-up of Skretting Procurement, being able to efficiently gather, process and learn from the data the company collects is of great importance for the purchasing and category managers.
- Data collection and analysis. Gather data and report to internal stakeholders.
- Provide data and ensure data (e.g. master data) is correctly reported in the standard procurement system in order to deliver consistent management information.
- Support category and purchasing managers with information to define the purchasing strategy and support the purchasing process.
- Build and maintain market reference data and market intelligence infrastructure and process into management information.
- Perform analysis to identify potential improvements within categories.
- Participate actively in procurement projects.
- Support negotiations of business terms and conditions and support in contracting processes.
- Analyze total cost of ownership TCO (financial and non-financial) and build TCO models.
- Systems and tooling. Improve the efficiency of data collection and processing.
- Lead several identified projects to improve the efficiency of procurement systems and tooling.
- Maintain the Procurement IM 8Q roadmap and liaise with Division IT and NCC to secure timely and effective support to develop solutions.
- Liaise with Operating companies (OpCos) on development of tooling to support the efficiency and quality of procurement activities in OpCos and division.
- Maintain and support on global information sources (SharePoint, MS Teams, PowerBI, etc.).
- System support to enable analysis for operational and strategic ingredient development and investment activities.
- Dashboards and learning.
- Build dashboards and information from internal and external (supplier and other) data to support operational and strategic ingredient development and investment on global and OpCo level.
- Provide monthly and quarterly management data in pre-defined formats.
- Master's degree in computer, data or business sciences.
- Experience in Infor M3, SAP or similar ERP systems.
- Experience with using SQL and Transact-SQL.
- Proficient user of Power BI and Power Apps.
- Experienced user of Office 365 products, including Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and SharePoint.
- Interest to dive deep into Skretting IT systems to find, check and connect data is required.
- A strong analytical interest is preferred.
- Project management skills to execute projects and engage in a planned timeline with the right stakeholders is preferred.
- A background in or affinity with aquaculture and/or fish feed ingredients is a plus.
- Structured, precise and creative thinking in order to find solutions including issues that haven’t been sorted out previously.
- A drive and curiosity to understand the needs of the stakeholders in procurement and identify opportunities for them given the data available without explicit requests.
- Pro-active and positive attitude is required as this role is one where you need to be able to work independently.
Job location is Stavanger, Norway. For more information and application, visit www.sketting.com. Apply by February 29 attaching your CV and cover letter describing your motivation.
Inquiries: contact Robert van den Breemer, Skretting procurement director.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.