Scientific Officer in Aquaculture Genetics - UK
Monday, February 3, 2020
Xelect is seeking a highly motivated candidate for a permanent position on its scientific staff. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing laboratory procedures in accordance to routine protocols and standard operating procedures. Applicants will be expected to work accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment and adhere to deadlines while maintaining strict quality standards.
- BSc in a relevant biological science, PhD in molecular biology or genetics and at least 2 years practical experience in an academic or commercial lab setting.
- Strong expertise and knowledge in a range of molecular techniques e.g. DNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, SNP genotyping, NGS library construction and sequencing.
- The ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines with large volumes of samples and large datasets is of critical importance.
- Ability to adhere to documented laboratory and data management workflows.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proven attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Practical knowledge and expertise with core IT packages such as Microsoft Office.
More information and application here.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.