Post-Doctoral Researcher - Spain
Monday, January 27, 2020
The Spanish Bank of Algae (BEA) at the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain is looking for a Post-Doctoral researcher to work on the NewTechAqua project that intends to expand and diversify EU production of finfish, mollusks and microalgae.
- PhD in biology, biothechnology, biochemistry, genetics or similar.
- Two years of professional experience in microalgae biotechnology including genetics, taxonomy, molecular biology and flow cytometry.
- Microalgae selection, growth and biomass characterization.
- Development of experimental techniques to apply a breeding program to improve performance and biochemical traits on selected microalgae strains.
- Gametogenesis induction in microalgae under laboratory-controlled conditions.
- Development of protocols for phenotyping cultures by flow-cytometry and microscopy.
- Valorization of biomass, specifically production, accumulation, extraction, purification and characterization of target metabolites.
More information and application here. Apply by January 31.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.