Technical Director - UK
Friday, January 10, 2020
IFFO, the global trade organization for the marine ingredients industry, is looking for a dynamic and strategic technical director. The candidate will work with the Senior Management Team implementing IFFO’s corporate strategy and exiting new engagements with members and stakeholders globally.
- Assessing technical developments and policy landscape to provide insightful analysis to IFFO members and the Senior Management Team.
- Initiating relevant projects with research institutions.
- Identifying opportunities to advocate policy recommendations and provide scientific insights on the industry.
- Providing expert advice to IFFO members on animal nutrition, food and feed safety, relevant regulation and policy.
- Representing IFFO members through speaking at conferences worldwide, attending industry and regulatory meetings and hosting technical discussions with IFFO members and stakeholders.
- Responding to media inquiries relating to food and feed safety, environmental standards and fishery management.
- Have a minimum of ten years’ experience in aquaculture or the animal feed industry.
- Be able to demonstrate their ability to lead a customer-focused strategy and contribute to IFFO’s Senior Management Team.
- Have a track record of working with high-level government, industry and other policy stakeholders.
- Have the gravitas to represent the organization and engage meaningfully with stakeholders on technical and regulatory topics.
- Be able to adapt style to different audiences and appreciate the importance of various communications techniques and platforms.
Based at the IFFO Head Office in London and reporting to the director general, the position offers a competitive reward package, variety, worldwide travel and being part of a small, flexible team within a successful, well established and respected organization.