Selective Breeding and Genetics Scientists - Norway
Tuesday, January 7, 2020
Nofima’s Department of Breeding and Genetics is seeking two dedicated and enthusiastic scientists or senior scientists to conduct research within selective breeding, quantitative genetics or genomics in aquaculture.
The main tasks of these positions are to generate project ideas and acquire, lead, execute and report scientific projects. The projects are often complex and involve multiple collaborators. Thus, good communication skills are essential.
- PhD in selective breeding, quantitative genetics or genomics fields relevant to aquaculture.
- Expertise and experience demonstrated through scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a transdisciplinary team.
The following qualifications will be valued:
- Insight into or experience in the Norwegian and/or international aquaculture industry and research sectors.
- Competence in statistics, computer programming and bioinformatics.
- Knowledge of the possibilities and limitations of relevant lab techniques.
- Proficiency in Norwegian or another Scandinavian language.
- Experience of international project work (participating, acquiring, leading and reporting).
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.